Northeast Indiana DiscoverE and its regional partners donate $1,250 academic awards given to engineering students during the yearly Engineers’ Week banquet held in February.
Academic Award Applicants
- The candidate must have graduated from a high school located in the Indiana counties of Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, or Whitley; or live in one of the listed counties for a minimum of one year.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a curriculum leading to a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- The candidate must have earned a minimum of 30 semester credit hours (45 quarter credit hours) to a maximum of 96 semester credit hours (144 quarter credit hours) applicable toward an Engineering or an Engineering Technology degree by the start of the most recent fall term.
- The candidate must be a full time student carrying 12 or more semester credit hours.
- Applications must be signed by a faculty member where indicated on page 2 to be eligible for consideration (E-filed applicants must include a signed scanned copy or have their faculty advisor E-mail their recommendation to the application address).
Submission Deadline: January 31st, 2019
2018 Award Recipients
Jared Badgley, Purdue – Biomedical Engineering
Jason Brand, Trine – Mechanical Engineering
Jason Brown, Indiana Tech – Mechanical Engineering
David Fox, Purdue – Aeronautical Engineering
Riley Delaney, Purdue – Mechanical Engineering
Ian Kissel, Trine – Mechanical Engineering
Elizabeth Manes, Purdue – Biomedical Engineering
Academic Award Donations
Northeast Indiana DiscoverE receives donations from organizations and companies in support of yearly Academic Awards that are given to engineering students in the Northeast Indiana area. These awards are given to recipients by donors during the annual Northeast Indiana DiscoverE Engineers Week banquet.
Please submit donations
- through the web at: Fort Wayne Engineers’ Club
- through the mail to: Northeast Indiana DiscoverE, c/o Treasurer, 1802 Florida Drive, Fort Wayne, IN 46805. On the memo line please write “DiscoverE Donor Award”.
The Northeast Indiana Discover-E subcommittee of the Fort Wayne Engineers’ Club is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization and Academic Award donations may be tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Please consult your tax advisor regarding specific questions about your deductions.
Academic Award ½ Donor: $640
A donation of ½ of an Academic Award donation contributes $500 toward the actual Academic Award; $60 toward the banquet meal of the award recipient/their guest; and $80 towards Northeast Indiana DiscoverE overhead and banquet costs. Please note, the cost for the award presenter’s banquet meal is not included and would have to be purchased separately.
Academic Award Full Donor: $1,250
A full $1,250 Academic Award donation contributes $1000 toward the actual Academic Award; $90 toward the banquet meal of the award recipient/their guest plus the donor’s award presenter; and $160 towards Northeast Indiana DiscoverE overhead and banquet costs.
- Fort Wayne Engineers’ Club
- Oscar & Ophelia Weitzman Memorial
- John L. Stump Memorial
- BAE Systems
- Steel Dynamics Inc.
- Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE)
“The Northeast Indiana Discover-E is a subcommittee of the Fort Wayne Engineers’ Club which is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization. Your Academic Award donation may be tax-deductible, please consult your tax advisor.”